Wednesday, June 5, 2013

A " Little Birdie Told Me" Tote


A while back I got tired of carrying around the paper shopping bag with my small knitting projects in them. You know the ones I'm talking about, nice paper bag with the handles and shop logo on the front. Now, while not altogether unattractive I knew that with the huge amount of fabric I have stashed away, I could do much better. So I got busy and found a tutorial I could follow.
 I found the tutorial by the fabulous Jeni here
I gathered 3 fun and coordinating fabrics 
and stitched them together
with the cute little birdie as the main focus
here is the back re-enforced with iron on 
fusible interfacing
before adding the drawstring ties, I used a purple disappearing marker to mark the stitch lines. Purple markers are a seamstress's best friend.
And here's my cute little birdie knitting tote!
This tote goes with me to work everyday when I have a small project on the needles.
Try this quick and easy project to proudly carry your 
knitting in public.
It's the perfect size for your WIP socks!

No comments:

Post a Comment